Transport (AZ) Courses
Tractor-Trailer Driver (AZ)
- 5 Week Full Time Course
- 1.5 Weeks, Monday-Friday 8am-4pm, 4 weeks in-truck training
- 48.5 hours of in-class instruction, 14.5 hours in-yard instruction, 52 hours of in-truck instruction
- 1-on-1 instruction in-cab with professional trainers
- Air Brake (Z) endorsement included
- PDIO Certificate issued upon completion and sign off for the MTO provided on the last day of class
- 2 Attempts at your Class A license test
- Maximum 12 students per class
- Funding Available!
Tractor-Trailer Driver Course
Brampton Campus Full Time Course Schedule*:
October 19 – November 20, 2020
*All full time courses offered at our Brampton Campus as of September 14th 2020 are offered in-person with physical distancing standards implemented. This means we will be accepting a maximum of 9 students per class. Our classrooms will be set up so as to maintain distancing throughout the course. Hand sanitizer will be available and masks or face coverings must be worn throughout the course.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Provide an OSSD/equivalent (or take an equivalency test prior to beginning the course)
- Hold a valid G license
- At your own expense, pass a MTO vision/medical test PRIOR to the start of this course (Download this form HERE, must be printed double sided to be accepted)
- This form must be completed by a doctor and returned to DriveTest. We require a photocopy of the completed report prior to the beginning of the course.
- In order to take the course, you will be required to bring in the following items (at your own expense):
- PPE (Safety boots, reflective vest, work gloves)
- Driver’s Abstract (Available online HERE)
You will also be required to pay the licensing fee at any DriveTest location when you do the written test after the in-class portion of the course. This fee is approximately $120 and is not included in the course.
PDIO’s Main Campus is located at:
4-2 Fisherman Drive, Brampton, Ontario, L7A1B5
Our campus is open Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. To limit the number of people in the office, we can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-4pm by phone or email.