Transport (AZ) Courses
Tractor-Trailer DriverSpecial: Save $1000 off the regular price of $7000!
- 6 Week Full Time Course
- 2 Weeks, Monday-Friday 8am-4pm, 4 weeks in-truck training
- 48.5 hours of in-class instruction, 17 hours in-yard instruction, 50 hours of in-truck instruction
- 1-on-1 instruction in-cab on automatic vehicles with professional trainers
- Air Brake (Z) endorsement included
- PDIO Certificate issued upon completion
- 2 Attempts at your Class A license test
- Maximum 12 students per class
- Funding Available!
Tractor Trailer Driver (AZ) Course
PDIO’s MTO-approved 6 week AZ Course contains over 50 hours of one-on-one in-truck automatic transmission instruction, 2 weeks of classroom work and contains the air brake (Z) endorsement. Our instructors work on a personalized program with each student to give them the best possible instruction.
2 Weeks of Classroom Instruction
Modern, engaging classroom work.
Our course has been developed by instructors for instructors.
Flexible In-Truck Instruction
Our instructors work with you to accommodate your schedule when possible.
Covid-19 Protocols in Place
All of our instruction follows the best advice of Public Health and the MTO.
Ottawa Campus Full Time Course Schedule
All full-time courses offered at our Ottawa Campus are offered in-person with physical distancing standards implemented. This means we will be accepting a maximum of 12 students per class. Our classrooms will be set up so as to maintain distancing throughout the course. Hand sanitizer will be available and masks or face coverings must be worn throughout the course.
The Air Brake (Z) course runs the first weekend of each course date below and the schedule can be found on the Air Brake Courses Page.
September 13 – October 22, 2021
October 25 – December 3, 2021
- Be at least 18 years old
- Provide an OSSD/equivalent (or take an equivalency test prior to beginning the course)
- Hold a valid G license
- At your own expense, pass a MTO vision/medical test PRIOR to the start of this course (Download this form HERE, must be printed double sided to be accepted)
This form must be completed by a doctor and returned to DriveTest. We require a photocopy of the completed report prior to the beginning of the course.
- In order to take the course, you will be required to bring in the following items (at your own expense):
- PPE (Safety boots, reflective vest, work gloves)
- Driver’s Abstract (Available online HERE)
- You will also be required to pay the licensing fee at any DriveTest location when you do the written test after the in-class portion of the course. This fee is approximately $120 and is not included in the course.